The question that most people ask me is; “What type of pots and pans should I buy?” It’s asked so much, that I thought it would be best to write a post about the 3 Essential Pots and Pans I think every person needs in their kitchen.
What is the best non-stick pan to purchase?
First let me start by saying that everyone should have at least one non-stick pan in their home at all times. When it comes to non-stick pan and skillet options, my favorite are Madura Fry Pans by Zwilling. These are the perfect pans for beginners in the kitchen, those who are still learning to gage their cooking temperatures, and for our burnt food enthusiasts out there. I say this because, these pans are extremely forgiving if you tend to accidentally overcook your food. The price range for these pans are between $59-$99, which is great because they will not break the bank.
I like to use my Madura pans for everyday cooking because they come in such a variety of sizes which which makes it easy to pull out one of these pans for any of your quick cooking needs.
One of my favorite recipes to cook in my Zwilling Madura Fry Pan is my Shrimp and Grits.
What is the best Cast Iron Skillet to purchase?
Now when it comes to the second pan that I think everyone needs, it is definitely a cast iron skillet. When it comes to cast iron skillets, my hands down favorite is the two-handle cast iron skillet by Staub, but I’m here to tell you that I wouldn’t pass up any of the cast iron skillets that they have to offer. Staub makes such a high quality skillet, that it makes you want to take care of it properly so that you can pass it down from generation to generation. Here are some of the features that make Staub Cast Iron Skillets number one in my book:
- They have black enamel, which makes their skillets perfect for browning.
- They can withstand high heat. This is perfect if you want to use your skillet to bake casseroles in the oven or use it on your grill.
- You don’t have to season your skillets. I know that so many of us have been discouraged to use cast iron skillets because they usually need to be seasoned. Well now, you never have to worry about that.
My favorite recipe to make in my Staub Cast Iron Skillet is Grilled Lamb.
What is the best Dutch Oven or Cocotte to purchase?
When I finally decided to embrace the world of adulthood, my first purchase was a large Staub Dutch Oven. It was like my way of saying to the world, “Hello, I have arrived!” I have been cooking in that pot non-stop ever since, and I also added a few more (including an oval cocotte) to my collection. Some of the reasons I love Staub’s Cocottes is because:
- They also have textured black matte enamel interior requires no seasoning and ensures exceptional browning, and heat retention and distribution. I also love this feature because it makes the cocotte more visually pleasing over time, versus a white enamel.
- They come in a variety of sizes and colors
- They are dishwasher safe. Need I say more?
My favorite recipe to make in my Staub Cocotte is my Beef Shank Osso Bucco.
As you can tell by now, I am a huge fan of Zwilling and Staub products. They just have overall good quality products that last. Their products, especially the ones mentioned above are perfect Christmas gifts, wedding gifts, and honestly any occasion that you want to show someone that you truly care.
To learn more about Zwilling and their other products and brands, please visit www. zwillingusa.com
Leave a Reply