Prepare to create family memories when making my Dark Chocolate Peppermint Fudge. This convenient recipe requires minimal ingredients and will leave you with a smooth and creamy fudge that can also serve as a thoughtful gift during the holiday season. So upgrade your chocolate fudge by making this simple Dark Chocolate Peppermint Fudge today.
This sweet recipe and recommendations are brought to you in partnership with Karo. Thank you for supporting the brands that support RosalynnDaniels.com.
As you guys know, baking is not my most favorite thing to do, but I never want to deny my sweet tooth. And if I’m being honest, I must admit that there is nothing like creating memories with your family during the holidays with baking and making sweet treats, right?
During last years holiday season, I committed myself to finding and/or creating dessert recipes that pack a whole lot of punch with the least amount of effort. Harper and IV always ask if they can help me bake and cook, especially around this time of year. We all know it’s the busiest time of the year, so I often have to limit our time in the kitchen to just one or two baking sessions for the whole season. I must admit that doing this made me feel pretty bad. I would love to bake more with the kids if it wasn’t such a tedious ordeal.
Luckily, with the addition of Karo® Light Corn Syrup, I can quickly whip up a batch of my delicious Dark Chocolate Peppermint Fudge in minutes. My mom always used Karo when I was growing up, and I know exactly why. If you want your fudge to have a nice creamy and smooth finish, then using Karo® Light Corn Syrup is necessary.
What ingredients do you need to make Dark Chocolate Peppermint Fudge?
- Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Evaporated Milk
- Powdered Sugar
- Peppermint Extract
- Vanilla Extract
- Soft Peppermint Candy
How do you make Dark Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
- In a medium bowl, completely mix Karo® Light Corn Syrup and evaporated milk.
- Place in the microwave for 3 minutes, while stopping to stir every 30 seconds.
- Stir in chocolate morsel, vanilla, and peppermint extract. Mix until completely melted and combined.
- Stir in powdered sugar until fully combined and smooth.
- Pour into an 8×8 baking pan that is lined with parchment paper.
- Top with pieces of peppermint and refrigerate for 3 hours.
Optional method to make Dark Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
If you don’t have a microwave, you can also use the double broiler method.
- You will need a sauce pan or pot and a bowl that fits inside of it.
- Add about 2-3 cups of water to the sauce pan and bring to a simmer.
- Place bowl on top of the pot.
- Add your corn syrup and evaporated milk mixture, along with the chocolate morsels and stir.
- Let your mixture melt completely and take off of the heat.
- Continue with remaining steps.
Have you tried this recipe?
If you have tried this recipe, please take a moment to rate it 5 stars below. Also, please leave a comment to let me know your thoughts on this recipe. You can also stay in touch with me on Instagram (that’s where I hang out the most). Tag me @RosalynnDaniels or #RosalynnDaniels if you post a photo of your dish, and I will share with my audience through Instastories.
If you enjoy this recipe, you may also want to check out my Prosecco MarshmallowsPrint
1/2c Karo® Light Corn Syrup
3c Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1/3c Evaporated Milk
3/4c Powdered Sugar
1/2tsp Peppermint Extract
1/2tsp Vanilla Extract
1/4c Chopped Peppermint Candy of choice
In a medium bowl, completely mix Karo® Light Corn Syrup and condensed milk.
Place in the microwave for 3 minutes, while stopping to stir every 30 seconds.
Stir in chocolate morsel, vanilla, and peppermint extract. Mix until completely melted and combined.
Stir in powdered sugar until fully combined and smooth.
Pour into an 8×8 baking pan that is lined with parchment paper.
Top with pieces of peppermint and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 hours