Stop what you’re doing and look no further. You have officially made it to a recipe that gives you one of the best ways to eat your asparagus, Cheesy Asparagus au Gratin. The bubbly cheese from this casserole-like dish will steal your heart away when you pull it out of the oven. I’m warning you now, that you may eat the whole thing by yourself (I may or may not be telling you this from experience.) because it’s seriously that good. Once you see how easy it is to make this Cheesy Asparagus au Gratin, then you’ll find yourself making it all the time.
What ingredients do you need to make Cheesy Asparagus au Gratin?
- Shallots or Red onions
- Cream Cheese
- Vegetable Broth
- Salt & Pepper
- Garlic Powder
How do you make Cheesy Asparagus au Gratin?
Ok now, this is a super easy dish to make and it takes no time to make, so pay attention because this is going to go pretty fast.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Cut the ends off of your asparagus. You just want to cut off 2-3 inches of the tough part of the stalk. Also take this time to slice your shallots. If you don’t have shallots, you can use red onion. It’s not exactly the same, but it will do the job.
- Place your asparagus in a 9×13 baking dish. I like to take 1lb and face the little tree tops on the outside of the dish, then do the same with the other pound. This will make it a bit prettier when baking is complete.
- Top with some of your seasonings, then add the shallots to the dish and cover with the remaining seasoning and sit to the side.
- Next you want to start working on your sauce. If your cream cheese is already room temperature and really soft, then you can just mix it with your vegetable broth until it is fairly smooth. If this doesn’t work then just add the cream cheese and vegetable broth to a pot and stir over medium heat until smooth.
- Pour the sauce over the asparagus and shallots.
- Top with shredded mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until asparagus is tender and the cheese is bubbly.
If you are in need of another easy asparagus recipe, then you will totally love my Asparagus Puff Pastry Squares.Print
1tsp Black Pepper
1tsp Sea Salt
1tsp Garlic Powder
1c Mozzarella Cheese
1/2c Vegetable Broth
8oz Greek Cream Cheese
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
Cut the ends off of your asparagus.
Place in a baking dish with “tree-like” part of the stalk facing the outside of the dish.
Place shallots and seasoning on top of the asparagus.
In a sauce pan melt cream cheese and vegetable broth until completely melted and sauce is smooth.
Pour sauce over asparagus and shallots.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until asparagus is tender.
Keywords: au gratin, asparagus, casserole