The classic flavors of Mediterranean food never fails to pull my heartstrings. I don’t know if it is because it reminds me of my childhood, because its fresh flavors, or it cold be the lemon and feta. Either way, I will never turn away a good Mediterranean and you shouldn’t either. My easy Mediterranean Farro Salad is definitely one of those dishes that you never turn away. If you’re making it for a simple weeknight dinner or as a side at your next bbq, this simple recipe will not disappoint.
This delicious recipe is brought to you in partnership with Bob’s Red Mill This post also includes affiliate links that allow me to receive commission for your purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support RosalynnDaniels.com.
Can we be honest with each other? When I’m at any gathering, the first thing that I’m reaching for are the side dishes. Who am I kidding? I usually have a plate in hand that is strictly dedicated to sides only. All this to say, that I appreciate a good side dish, and my Mediterranean Farro Salad is one of them.
What ingredients do you need to make Mediterranean Farro Salad
- Cooked Bob’s Red Mill Organic Farro – I love using this ancient grain as a filler for this salad. Bob’s Red Mill makes a high quality pearled farro that takes this salad to the next level.
- All Purpose Greek Marinade
- Baby Arugula
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Kalamata Olives
- Red Onion
- Marinated Artichoke
- Olive Oil
- Dried Oregano
- Dried Thyme
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
How to make Mediterranean Farro Salad
- Step 1: Cook your Bob’s Red Mill Farro according to package instructions. You will see that it tells you to use 4qts of water. You can substitute half of the water with broth for more flavor, but I must admit that when I have done this, the farro isn’t as firm as I would like. So, for the best possible outcome, just use water. Once your farro has finished cooking. Set 3 cups to the side and let it cool down to room temperature.
- Step 2: Prepare my All Purpose Greek Marinade. You will use this to marinate any protein that you may add to the salad and you will also use it to dress your salad.
- Step 3: Prep all of your veggies if you haven’t already done so.
- Step 4: Mix all ingredients and then toss in the marinade. If you are going to have this salad sit out for a while, then do not mix in the marinade. Just put it in a nice serving dish and sit it beside the salad so that your guests can get their desired amount.
Have you tried this recipe?
If you have tried this recipe, please take a moment to rate it 5 stars below. Also, please leave a comment to let me know your thoughts on this recipe. You can also stay in touch with me on Instagram (that’s where I hang out the most). Tag me @RosalynnDaniels or #RosalynnDaniels if you post a photo of your dish, and I will share with my audience through Instastories.Print
3c Cooked Bob’s Red Mill Organic Farro
5oz Baby Arugula (about 4 cups)
1c Cherry Tomatoes (sliced in halves)
1c Cucumber (diced)
1c Kalamata Olives
1c Red Onion (diced)
1c Marinated Artichokes (quartered)
Cook your Bob’s Red Mill Farro according to package instructions.
Prepare my All Purpose Greek Marinade.
Slice and dice all of the remaining items on the ingredient list.
Mix all ingredients and then toss in the marinade. (If you are going to have this salad sit out for a while, then do not mix in the marinade. Just pour it into a nice serving dish and sit it beside the salad so that your guests can pour their desired amount.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute