It’s Meatless Monday in The Daniels household, so I’m sharing my easy meatless recipe for Spaghetti Squash and Eggplant Marinara. This dish can easily be transitioned from toddler to adult so the whole family can enjoy! You’ll love how the marinara is creamier and not as acidic for your little one. I hope you enjoy this healthy dish, and it makes your next Meatless Monday family meal menu.
- 1 Large Spaghetti Squash, halved lengthwise
- 1 Large Eggplant, diced
- 2Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1Tsp Black Pepper
- 2.5 Cups Marinara Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1Tbs Capers
- 1Tbs Chopped Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Fresh Grated Parmesan (Optional)
- Fresh Basil (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Drizzle and rub olive oil over flesh of spaghetti squash and place face down on prepared backing sheet. Roast in oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the size of the spaghetti squash, until tender. Remove from over and let cool.
- While squash roasts, heat olive oil in pan, add garlic, and reduce heat. Simmer garlic until it begins to brown, about 3-4 minutes.
- As garlic begins to brown, add eggplant and simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionlly, until eggplant is tender, about 12-15 minutes.
- Add marinara sauce to eggplant and bring to simmer.
- Mix yogurt into eggplant marinara sauce and continue to simmer.
- Add capers, sun-dried tomatoes, and remaining salt and pepper to eggplant marinara. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Use fork to “fluff” roasted spaghetti squash. Serve eggplant marinara sauce on top of roasted sphaghetti squash, either inside the rind of the squash (like a bowl!) or on a plate.
- Finish with freshly grated parmesan and fresh basil.