My Strawberry Croissant Breakfast Casserole is a scrumptious sweet casserole that is filled with a sweet cream cheese filling that is balanced by tangy strawberries. It’s all brought together by an egg mixture, baked, then topped off with maple syrup. Pair it with your favorite sausage, and you have a mid morning meal that can be complete in less than an hour.
This delicious recipe is brought to you in partnership with Zwilling. This post also includes affiliate links that allow me to receive commission for your purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support RosalynnDaniels.com.
This bread pudding inspired recipe is convenient because you can use store bought croissants from your local bakery to cut down on the prep time, and you can also take a shortcut with the eggs by using liquid egg. I love making this breakfast casserole when hosting guests because you only need one dish to bake it in. That means there is minimal clean up. Also, depending on that dish, your can serve it in the same one as well.
I decided to make this simple Strawberry Croissant Breakfast Casserole with my Mom and Mother in-law for an early Mother’s Day brunch that I hosted. As I was explaining how to make it, they got intrigued and joined me in preparing it. So here’s how we did it:
What ingredients do you need?
- Mini Croissants work best for this recipe. When preparing the croissants for the fillings, make sure not to cut them all the way through. This would help hold the cream cheese and strawberries inside.
- Fresh Strawberries are my go-to for this Breakfast Casserole. To get the best texture and result, cut the strawberries into quarter slices and stuff them inside the croissants.
- Cream Cheese together with the sugar and vanilla is used to fill the croissants. You can use your favorite cream cheese here.
- Eggs are combined with whipping cream, vanilla, and cinnamon and poured over the croissants. As a substitute for the eggs, you can use liquid eggs in lieu of whole eggs.
How To Make Strawberry Croissant Breakfast Casserole
The best thing to do in my opinion, is just create an assembly line. This will make the process of assembling this dish quick and easy.
- Step 1: Prep ingredients. Start by slicing your strawberries into quarter slices.
- Step 2: Slice open the tops of your croissants lengthwise. Make sure you do not slice the croissants in half. Your goal is to create a pocket instead. This is where you will stuff your cream cheese mixture and strawberries.
- Step 3: Mix your cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Sit to the side. If sugar is not your thing, then you can replace the sugar with 3/4c honey or agave.
- Step 4: Whisk together your eggs, heavy whipping cream, vanilla, and cinnamon. Sit to the side and use for your last step. Also keep in mind that you can totally use liquid egg in lieu of whole eggs to make the process even faster.
- Step 5: Create your assembly line in the following order: Croissants, cream cheese mixture, and strawberries. At the end of the line, sit your Staub 8in Rectangle Oven Dish to the side.
- Step 6: Assemble your croissants by adding cream cheese to each croissant, then stuff each one with strawberries, and place as many as you can into your oven dish.
- Step 7: Pour egg mixture over croissants and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Place your oven dish on the lower rack to prevent burning your croissants.
- Step 8: Enjoy
Why I choose to use Staub for my bakeware…
You guys know me, and if it isn’t of quality, then I’m not going to use it. EVERYTHING Staub makes is of quality. It’s one of those brands who have been in the cookware game for years, so they know their stuff. Their bakeware is no different. This year I will be gifting a set to all of they women who are important in my life, because I want to upgrade their lives and give them something of quality. Their 3 piece set usually retails for $99.99, but is now on sale for $79.99 until May 9th.
- Their bakeware comes in a variety of shapes and sizes. If you find that my recommended 8 inch oven dish is too big, then you can try one of their smaller sizes.
- Its made with Vitreous glass porcelain-enamel finish, which leaves it pretty and keeps it easy to clean. Hence the reason I love to use them as serving dishes as well.
- They are microwave, freezer, broiler, and oven safe up to 572F.
- They are also dishwasher safe.
This strawberry croissant casserole is best served warm with a generous drizzle of maple syrup or powdered sugar on top. To add some extra flavor and texture, you can add a dollop of whipping cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream in the summer months.
You can store this strawberry croissant casserole in an airtight container or ziplock bag in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheat the casserole in the oven at 350F for around 10-15 minutes or until the casserole is warm inside. Or you can also reheat it in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
Additional recipes to try:
Have you tried this recipe?
If you have tried this recipe, please take a moment to rate it 5 stars below. Also, please leave a comment to let me know your thoughts on this recipe. You can also stay in touch with me on Instagram (that’s where I hang out the most). Tag me @RosalynnDaniels or #RosalynnDaniels if you post a photo of your dish, and I will share with my audience through Instastories.Print
1tsp Vanilla Extract
8oz Cream Cheese
1tsp Vanilla Extract
1c Heavy Whipping Cream
1tsp Vanilla Extract
24 Mini Croissants
1lb Strawberries (quartered)
Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees.
Prep ingredients. Start by slicing your strawberries into quarter slices.
Slice open the tops of your croissants lengthwise. Make sure you do not slice the croissants in half. Your goal is to create a pocket instead.
Mix your cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Sit to the side.
Whisk together your eggs, heavy cream, vanilla, and cinnamon. Sit to the side and use for your last step. Also keep in mind that you can totally use liquid egg in lieu of whole eggs to make the process even faster.
Create your assembly line in the following order: Croissants, cream cheese mixture, and strawberries. At the end of the line, sit your Staub 8in Rectangle Oven Dish to the side.
Assemble your croissants by adding cream cheese to each croissant, then stuff each one with strawberries, and place as many as you can into your oven dish.
Pour egg mixture over croissants and cover with aluminum foil.
Bake for 20 minutes covered, then 10 minutes uncovered.
Drizzle with maple syrup or a dollop of whipped cream.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Baking
- Cuisine: Breakfast or Brunch
Originally posted 4/21/21, updated 5/13/22