Just in time for Thanksgiving, my Overnight Bread Pudding will come in handy on Thanksgiving morning when you have so many other things to worry about. I like to make this Bread Pudding the night before, so the morning next morning all I have to do is pop it in the oven and be on my merry way. It’s the perfect dish to kick off the delicious aromas in the kitchen on the big day!
What ingredients do you need for Overnight Bread Pudding?
- French Bread
- Whole Milk
- Maple Syrup
- Walnuts or Pecans
- Vanilla Extract
What type of bread do I use for Bread Pudding?
You can honestly use whatever bread that you have handy. For a fluffy pudding, I would go with a loaf of bread from your local bakery vs. regular sandwich bread. Also, I prefer to use day old Italian or French loaf for my bread puddings. Make sure that you cut it into large cubes for the best results.
Can bread pudding sit out overnight?
Do not let your bread pudding sit out at room temperature for more than 2 hours after it has been baked. You should make sure you eat it within 4 days.
Can you make a vegan or plant based bread pudding?
Yes, you absolutely can. I have an Apple Walnut Bread Pudding with a Maple Bourbon Glaze that does not have any dairy in it that I think you will adore. It’s just all about using the right dairy replacements.Print
Overnight Bread Pudding
4c French Bread, cubed 1-1.5 inches
1 1/2c Whole Milk (or Cashew milk)
1/2c Maple Syrup
8 Eggs (or egg replacement of choice)
1c Walnuts or Pecans
1tbs Vanilla Extract
Brown Sugar Topping
1c Dark Brown Sugar
8tbs Salted Butter (room temperature)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 on day of baking
- Grease 2 @Rubbermaid Brilliance Glass with a thin coat of oil or butter
- In a large bowl mix French bread and nuts, sit to the side
- In a medium bowl, mix eggs, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, allspice, salt
- Pour mixture over bread and walnuts, then give a good mix until fully combined
- Divide into two @Rubbermaid Brilliance Glass 6×8 dishes
- To make topping, mix brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon
- Divide mixture and crumble on top of each batch
- Cover with lid and keep in refrigerator for at least 10-12 hours
- When ready to bake, take lid off and cover the top with aluminum foil, then bake for 30 minutes
- Take off foil and bake another 15-20 minutes
- Using a fork or knife, make sure the middle is thoroughly cooked
Leave a Reply