Summer 2021 was epic for The Daniels family! We traveled as much as we possibly could to make up for not being able to travel in 2020. Because the pandemic is still running rapid, we tried to limit our air travel and stick to the highways and byways of the United States to help us get to our family destinations. Thanks to my friends at Chevrolet, we felt like luxury during our road trips this Summer because we got to drive their new 2021 Chevrolet Suburban!
This article is brought to you in partnership with Chevrolet. This post may also include affiliate links that allow me to receive commission for your purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting the brands that support RosalynnDaniels.com.
Now that we are a family of 5, EVERYTHING in our lives have had to adjust especially our cars. Harvey and I both have 5 seater cars, but it became apparent to us very fast that a 7-seater car would better suit our new family size. We were over the moon when Chevrolet asked us to give the new Suburban a try for our family road trips, because this is one of the cars we’ve been considering. I must admit that it exceeded our expectations in every way, for us and the kids!
Key Features of the 2021 Suburban 4WD Premier
- Diesel Fuel Economy: The DURAMAX® 3.0L Turbo-Diesel engine has an EPA-estimated 27 mph on the highway, and is the most fuel efficient full-size SUV in its class. The fuel economy is great for long road trips.
- Best in Class Room: The All-New Suburban offers best-in-class second-row leg room, a newly expanded third row and best-in-class cargo volume, so you’ll have plenty of room for anyone – or anything – that comes along for the ride. With a best-in-class cargo volume of up to 144.7 cu. ft., Suburban has all the space you’ll need.
- Family Technology: The new Rear-Seat Media System keeps the whole family entertained thanks to dual 12.6-inch diagonal LCD HD touch-screens – each capable of displaying its own content (movies, video games, etc.). The system also keeps everyone connected (including built-in 4G LTE Wi-Fi and Apple Carplay/Android Auto), allowing them to share content from one screen to another, or share navigation points with the front-seat passengers by sending them to the class-leading 10.2-inch diagonal Chevrolet Infotainment 3 Plus System.
- Power Sliding Console: The new Power Sliding Center Console can automatically slide back up to 10 inches, giving you a convenient place to store items between the seats while also helping to providing a secure, hidden storage drawer for your valuables.
- Safety Features: A suite of active safety features, including class-leading nine camera views (such as HD Surround Vision Camera), Automatic Emergency Braking, Forward Collision Alert, Rear Park Assist, etc.
- Premier Features: The Premier model offers a variety of premium features including a standard Bose audio system with 10-speaker surround sound, Front and Rear Park Assist, Lange Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert and Magnetic Ride Control.
When I think back to our trips, I believe what I love the most about the Suburban was the fact that the kids were fully entertained during our drive. They were in their own world being watching their favorite movies in the back, while Harvey and I enjoyed reliving our childhoods through it’s sound system in the front.
I also loved how much space the Suburban had to offer. Now that we have a large family of five we really need as much room as we can get. It doesn’t help that all of the kids are in the 99th percentile for height either. So, having ample leg room for everyone, plus our luggage and an occasional extra guests is extremely important to us!