This delicious recipe is brought to you in partnership with Toufayan Bakeries. Thank you for supporting the brands that support RosalynnDaniels.com
If you’re looking for a classic easy chicken salad that embodies the flavors of Autumn, then you are going to love my Cherry Waldorf Chicken Salad. When you serve it with Toufayan Multi Grain Pita Bread, it is the perfect meal to nosh on at any time throughout the day.
Tips to making the perfect Cherry Waldorf Chicken Salad
- Make sure you dice all ingredients really well, except for the chicken. You want to make sure that you have some hearty pieces of chicken in the salad so that the overall texture of the salad is pleasing to all.
- Speaking of chicken, try using rotisserie chicken. However, if you’re in a pinch, canned chicken will do.
- Pair with sliced pita bread so that you can have an option that can give you a nice change from everyday crackers.
- Play around with your nut options. My recipe traditionally is made with walnuts, but you can try pumpkin seeds, almonds, sunflower seeds, even pine nuts.
Why Toufayan Pita Bread
- What I love about Toufayan is that it comes in a variety of flavors. For this salad, I like to use their Multi Grain, but you can also choose from their Hearty White, Wholesome Wheat, Sweet Onion, or Low Carb.
- Their pita bread is pretty versatile. You can use it for sandwiches, fajitas, tacos, or dips.
- You can bake it to make your very own pita chips.
- I love to buy them in bulk and freeze them for later.
You can find Toufayan in the deli section of your local grocer. Click HERE if you’d like assistance with finding some near you.Print
3c Cooked Chicken Breast (chopped)
1/2 Plain Greek Yogurt
1/2c Pickle Relish
1/2c Celery (minced)
1/2c Chopped Walnuts
1/2c Dried Cherries
1/2c Minced Apples
1/2 Garlic Powder
1/2 Onion Powder
In a medium size bowl, mix all ingredients well.
Chill for at least 3o minutes.
Serve with slices of your favorite Toufayan Pita Bread.