Today just happens to be National Vanilla Cupcake Day, so I wanted to celebrate with something that brings back fond memories from my childhood. If you never had these before, I introduce to you the Cupcake Cone! The name explains it all. The Cupcake Cone is a cupcake baked in an ice cream cone. As a kid, I never knew how my Mom made them, and I think that the mystery added to the fun memory.
After finally having a kid of my own, my Mom shared her secret and she gave me permission to share with you as well. Honestly, it’s so easy I can’t believe I never even attempted to make them sooner. I’m just glad that I know now, and can pass this memory on to my daughter.
- 1 Package Boxed Cake Mix (Any flavor)
- Ingredients required to make Boxed Cake
- 24 Waffer Ice Cream Cones
- 24ct Cupcake Pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare boxed cake batter according to instructions on box.
- Stand up ice cream cones in muffin pan.
- Add batter to cones and only fill 3/4 of each cone. (Batter will expland)
- Place in oven and bake for 15-17 minutes. (Test batter with a toothpick to make sure batter is completely cooked)
- Let cool.
- Add icing and decorate to your liking.
- Tip: Eat these within 24 hours for best results.
- Makes 18-24
As you can see in the instructions, you’re going to be standing the ice cream cups in a muffin pan to bake. I’ve tried different methods, and this is the absolute simplest and makes for an easy cleanup! So, please do not skip this part.
Pin the recipe https://www.pinterest.com/pin/202239839500980152/