Everyone needs a few quick recipes to keep in their back pocket for entertaining on a moments notice. The Dump Cake is one of my classic “goto’s” when unannounced guest arrive, or when I don’t want to show up to someones house empty-handed. With just a few ingredients, you can have this fan favorite in and out of the oven, and ready to enjoy in less than an hour.
- 2 - 21oz cans of Apple Pie Filling
- 1 - 20oz can of Crushed Pineapple
- 2 1/2 cups of Walnuts
- 1 box of Butter/yellow cake mix
- 1 stick of Butter
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- Dump your pie filling into a 9x13 pan and evenly distribute.
- Next, dump your crushed pineapple and evenly distribute.
- Sprinkle all of the dry cake mix over your filling and pineapple layers until everything is covered.
- Slice chilled butter into thin slices and distribute completely over the mix.
- Cover entire dish with walnuts.
- Bake for 55 minutes.
- You can use any fruit filling that you prefer. I love using cherry mixed with pineapple.
- You can opt out the pineapple for another can of filling
- Cover as much surface area as possible with butter.