Recently I had the pleasure of visiting my friends at Studio40 Live in Sacramento. I wanted to present an easy DIY gift that anyone can do, especially those who wait until the last minute.
DIY Photo Coasters are a simple, personalized project you could use as a gift for Father’s Day or any other holiday for that matter. It’s as easy as ABC. You could make these now and have them in time for wrapping.
Here are the things you’ll need:
- A tile – You can choose any shape you want
- Printed photos
- Mod Podge
- Acrylic or clear coating
- An applicator
- Felt pads
- Take the applicator and dip it into the mod podge.
- Apply lightly across the tile
- Allow it to rest for about 15 seconds
- Place the picture on the tile and allow to dry for another 15 seconds.
- Apply another layer of mod podge
- Let it dry clear
- Repeat two more times
- Apply the acrylic or clear coating – This would help with smudging off.
- Let it dry at least overnight.
- It is good to let them dry up to three days.
- After they are dry, you should put felt pads underneath them to avoid scratching your tables.
With a ribbon and a beautiful packaging, you have your beautiful gift ready for Father’s Day.