1.5–2lbs of Chicken legs and/or thighs (skin optional)
2tbs Brown Sugar
1/2tbs Kosher Salt
1/2tbs Garlic Powder
1/2tbs Smoked Paprika
5 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme or 1tbs Dried Thyme
4 Garlic Cloves, minced
1tsp Minced Ginger
3 Carrots, sliced
1 large tomato, diced
1 White onion, sliced
3 Peppers (green, red, orange), sliced
2 Scotch Bonnet Peppers (Optional)
1tbs Cooking Oil of choice
- To a large bowl or freezer bag, add all ingredients, including your chicken.
- Mix all ingredients to ensure that everything is covered with the seasonings/marinade. Basically, your chicken and vegetables should be brown because its covered with the seasonings/marinade.
- Marinate your chicken and vegetables for 1-24 hours. I find that the longer I marinate it, the more flavorful this dish is.
- When you’re ready to cook the dish, bring a large skillet to medium-high heat.
- Add oil to the skillet and place only your chicken into the skillet. Brown your chicken on each side for 1-2 minutes. This will slightly cook the exterior of your chicken.
- Take the chicken out and sit to the side.
- Add your vegetables to the skillet and saute them until they start to get tender.
- Place your chicken back into the skillet and pour in the remaining marinade and water.
- Cover and simmer for at least 30 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked.
- Serve hot with rice and beans.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: one pot
- Cuisine: carribean