1 pound ground sausage or pork
2 large bell peppers seeded and diced
1 red onion, peeled and diced
1 ½ cups chicken stock
(2) 14.5oz Diced tomatoes, I used fire roasted tomatoes
1 cup wild rice uncooked
2.5 cups Cheddar Cheese, shredded
3 cloves garlic minced
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
8oz Diced Green Chiles
½ teaspoons cumin
Diced Fresh Tomatoes
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Using a large cast iron skillet, brown your ground meat and red onions together.
- Once your meat has cooked, drain any excess oil.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except for 1/2c of shredded cheese.
- Cover the skillet with aluminum foil or oven safe cover.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the rice has completely cooked.
- Remove foil and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve hot, with garnishes.